nThen! is PARTNER in PILOT of PRINCE2 AGILE Foundation
In February 2018 AXELOS announced the arrival of PRINCE2 Agile Foundation, which is being launched in Summer 2018. The Introduction of this certification reinforces PRINCE2 Agile’s unrivalled reputation as the world’s most complete agile project management method; The pilot in April 2018 is done with PRINCE2 Agile partners of Axelos.
PRINCE2 Agile =
combining the benefits of Agile ways of working
(e.g. iterative and incremental development and delivery)
the governance and structure of the PRINCE2 method.
WHAT IS PRINCE2 AGILE®?
PRINCE2 Agile® is the world’s most complete agile project management method, combining the benefits of agile ways of working with the governance and structure of the PRINCE2® project management method. At launch in 2015 it was an extension module tailored for organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2, providing further guidance on how to apply agile techniques, tools and frameworks to their projects.
Why PRINCE2 Agile®?
PRINCE2 Agile helps to deal with the problems of coordination in large product improvements where multiple (SCRUM) teams are working on the same product. Initially SCRUM was set up for software development with a small co-located and self-organizing team. PRINCE2 Agile brings the coordination and governance without disrupting the Agility needed in co-creating solutions for the business. PRINCE2 Agile works with all Agile product delivery methods such as SCRUM, Kanban, ScrumBan, Lean start-up etc. The key here is tailoring and setting up the right level of governance (PRINCE2).
What will I learn in PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation?
Key objectives of the training course are to:
- Understanding key concepts and projects within PRINCE2 Agile®.
- Understand how PRINCE2® principles, themes, processes and management products are tailored and / or applied in an AGILE context.
- Understand the agile ways of working, key terms and techniques e.g. SCRUM, Kanban, User Stories, Burn down charts, Planning Poker, Daily stand-up.
- Understand the focus areas in an agile context.
- Prepare participants for the PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation exam.
nThen offers the training course in Dutch and English. All materials are in English, because (for now) the PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation exam is only available in English.
If you are interested or have any question contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-2952 5622.
Why launch PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation?
AXELOS continually monitors global PM community feedback there was the need to provide more guidance on how PM’s could apply PRINCE2 in an agile context.
The introduction of PRINCE2 Agile Foundation will enable everyone to benefit from guidance on delivering, managing or working within agile projects and project teams, without the need for any prior knowledge of PRINCE2.
Key things to understand about the introduction of PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation
- No prerequisites for this certification
- The new level will fit within the existing content scheme and is intended as another route for candidates to take PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner
- The launch will not impact the existing prerequisites for PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner. Therefore, PRINCE2 Foundation will still be a valid route into PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner.
Why should you consider doing PRINCE2 Agile® Foundation?
Although the 2017 update to PRINCE2 provides some guidance on tailoring PRINCE2 in an agile context, it does not include detailed coverage of applying agile techniques and tools to the method.
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation provides this added level of detail on how to deliver agile projects. Below are the key benefits, both organisations and individuals can expect to gain, by attending a PRINCE2 Agile Foundation training course, as well as sitting an exam.
- Accessible to any professional who wants to deliver agile projects
- Achieve a world-renowned agile project management certification
- Gain a broad range of knowledge of agile concepts and techniques including: Scrum, Kanban, Lean Start-up.
- Deliver demonstrable value earlier within projects
- Enable disciplined flexibility
- Reduce the risk of poor quality products through incremental and iterative delivery
- Promote transparent working practices throughout the project team
- Expand and build upon the investment done into PRINCE2.
Initially, PRINCE2 Agile was launched as an extension module, tailored for organizations and individuals already benefiting from PRINCE2 method.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT OF PRINCE2 AGILE® FOUNDATION?
The Foundation certificate can be achieved by completing a one-hour multiple-choice paper which includes 50 questions. The examination is closed book.
WHO IS PRINCE2 AGILE® FOR?
PRINCE2 Agile has been developed for anyone who delivers projects, large or small, in an agile context. It is a valuable training and certification scheme for anyone working within an agile project environment, whether they be a project manager, project support or part of the wider project team.
PRINCE2 Agile equips PM’s and organizations with the ability to deliver agile projects by tailoring the PRINCE2 project management method with a broad toolset of agile delivery techniques and frameworks. In this way PM’s, will leverage the benefits of agile ways of working such as iterative and incremental delivery while maintaining a structure of project governance.
HOW DOES PRINCE2 AGILE® RELATE TO PRINCE2® (AND THE WIDER PPM PORTFOLIO)?
PRINCE2 Agile is compatible and aligned with the entire PPM portfolio. With the launch of the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation level, it is now a standalone agile project management method, supported by accredited training and certification scheme. For launch in mid-2018, PRINCE2 Agile is also aligned to the PRINCE2 2017 update.